- The Creativity Workshop in Crete will help you become more creative in your personal and professional life; the creativity training we provide uses the tools of creative writing, memoir, art, photography, storytelling, mapmaking, and guided visualization.
- Participants come from many different countries and professional fields, including business, education, psychology, the sciences, and the arts.
- Many people who have taken the Workshop say that it was a transformative experience, helping them to write their books, start new companies, complete long overdue projects, transition to rewarding retirements, and change the way they look at life.
- The Creativity Workshop in Crete meets for 5 days, 3 1/2 hours per day (from 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM). You will have the rest of your time free to swim in clear waters, sit in sunny cafes, and go sightseeing on this magnificent island.
- Class will be held at the Akali Hotel, near the cafe-lined harbor of old Chania—Crete's most picturesque town.
- Traveling outside one's own culture is known to
be one of the greatest ways to awaken creativity and achieve self-discovery. We have chosen Crete to be one of our worldwide locations on account of its exquisite beauty and one-of-a-kind inspirational qualities.
- Many of the buildings in Chania (the city on Crete in which the Workshop will be held) date from the fourteenth to the nineteenth centuries, when the island was under Venetian and Ottoman rule.
- The creativity of Chania's traditional artisans remains alive and well; specialties include handmade rugs, leather goods, and gold and silver jewelry.
- The Minoan Palace of Knossos, mythical home of matriarchal culture and the Minotaur in the Labyrinth, is only 2 hours away.
- The techniques we explore in class will deepen your appreciation of Crete, and the sounds and sights of this ancient and magical island will, in turn, feed your creative work in class.