Upcoming Workshops show on Desktop version
Personal Creativity Mentors
The Personal Creativity Mentoring program is for people who would like to benefit from The Creativity Workshop but cannot attend our live workshops.
Our Directors, Shelley Berc and Alejandro Fogel will now be available as your one-on-one Personal Creativity Mentors. We will be your creativity coach, training you to develop and act on those overlooked assets–your creativity, your originality, and your imagination. We can serve several purposes for you: we can be your innovation trainer, your executive coach, your writing coach and much more. You will be able to meet with us on a one-to-one basis over the phone, through Skype video chat, online chat, email, or in person. We can help you focus on or discover your specific needs, strengths, and passions as you explore your unique creativity. People in all fields and all levels and kinds of creative work are welcome.
Here is how it works:
We will discuss and brainstorm together the creativity issues or projects you want pursue. If you don?t know what they are, we will help you find them through our unique series of creativity exercises and techniqes. You can use these meetings to help you in a wide range of disciplines–such as business, the arts, teaching, research, education, social services, life transitions and more.
Each meeting will last 1 hour.
You will learn how to:
- Believe in your creativity and make it work for you.
- Get over creative blocks and the fear of failure
- Become excited by your ideas and your imagination
- Become more perceptive in life and work
- Find inspiration in the world around you
- Engage your curiosity and sense of wonder
- Give yourself the time, permission, and nourishment to do creative work
- View creativity not only as a means to a product, but as a way of living your life
- Develop a 15 minute daily practice to help you accomplish these goals
- You will be able to vividly express the world inside you
- You will be more in touch with your ability to be think and write with originality
- You will be able to focus on your projects with an innovative edge
By the end of your meetings with us, your creativity will become your greatest communications tool.
You can register for these 1 hour creativity mentoring meetings in bundles of 2, 4, or 6 meetings. You can choose the frequency of the meetings over a 1 year time frame.
If you live in or come to New York City and want to have your meetings with us in person, you can do so.
What we will do:
We will help you stay inspired and curious, open to new experiences, experimenting, exploring and investigating different modes of expression. We can focus on what you want to create or make suggestions of things to pursue.
n the past we have mentored individuals on a case by case basis in the following areas:
Developing a new project and exploring new activities
- How to be fearless and experimental.
- How to have the courage to “fail, fail again, fail better.”
- How to give yourself permission and carve out time to do your creative work.
- How to get up the courage to learn new things such as yoga, a foreign language, gardening, or a new art form.
Your project could be anything from starting a new business, putting a play on stage, transitioning to retirement or a new job.
Staying Inspired and Adventurous:
- How to stay engaged with your creative work and how to &qout;keep at it” when you don’t feel so inspired.
- How to access and listen to your creative intuition.
- How to be adventurous in your life so that life itself becomes a creative experience.
Writing a new piece
Fiction, Memoir, Essays, Plays, Poetry, or Mixed Media. Our focus is how to keep you going when you hit a dry spell, how to recognize and use your creative intuition, how to jump-start projects, how to get going again after being away from your creative work.
“I brought the workshop exercises into my senior thesis writing class. The students LOVED them, and their writing was far better than students’ work in previous classes.”
Pamela Perry, Associate Professor of Sociology, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA