Upcoming Workshops show on Desktop version
The Creativity Workshop in Prague
The Creativity Workshop in Prague is not scheduled this year.
Please see our Calendar for our current schedule.
Each day The Creativity Workshop in Prague will meet for approximately 3½ hours. We will explore ways to expand our creativity through a series of exercises including guided visualizations, creative writing, memoir, oral storytelling, automatic writing, map making, photography, collage, and free-form drawing. Many of the exercises are focused on the helping you see and absorb this remarkable city.
What Will You Learn?
The Creativity Workshop is an experiential workshop of doing and experimenting. Our exercises and instructors’ talks focus on helping you:
- Learn practical techniques to stimulate your imagination and innovative thinking.
- Explore the process of creativity, rather than simply focusing on the product.
- Discover how to find inspiration in the world around you.
- Get over creative blocks and the fear of failure.
- Work with many different mediums to develop your creativity in your chosen medium more deeply.
- Use your memories to trigger your imagination.
- Engage your curiosity every day and make it work for you.
- Establish a 15 minute a day creativity practice to accomplish your goals after the Workshop ends.
Here is a sampling of just some of the exercises and techniques we will be working with in class. Participants tell us the time in workshop seems to fly by. The order and kinds of exercises and the instructors’ talks may vary. Some exercises are done individually while others are collaborative.
Arrival. Free day
- Time for you to settle in and relax.
First day of workshop:
- Introduction to the hows and whys of The Creativity Workshop.
- Relaxation: Exercises in relaxation techniques to help your imagination flow.
- Guided Visualization: Calling forth the vocabulary of your imagination using the myth of the hero’s journey as a framework.
- Automatic Drawing excercise: Finding your hidden imagery.
- Show and Tell: Retrieving and sharing childhood memories to spark new ideas. This exercise will sharpen your storytelling skills.
- Instructors’ talk: How some famous writers, scientists, and artists found their inspiration, and how you can use some of their methods to find yours.