- The Creativity Workshop in Provence takes place in the town of Arles, made famous by the painters van Gogh and Gauguin.
- Our experiential course will help you become more creative in your personal and professional life; the creativity training we provide uses the tools of creative writing, memoir, art, photography, storytelling, mapmaking, and guided visualization.
- Participants come from many different countries and professional fields, including business, education, psychology, the sciences, and the arts.
- Many people who have taken the Workshop say that it was a transformative experience, helping them to write their books, start new companies, complete long overdue projects, transition to rewarding retirements, and change the way they look at life.
- The Creativity Workshop in Provence meets for 5 days, 3 1/2 hours per day (from 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM). You will have the rest of the time to take in the sights of Arles and the vicinity.
- Class will take place at Hotel Jules Cesar, located in the center of the historic district of Arles. You will be within walking distance of the museums, the Roman theatre (which dates back to the 1st century BCE), van Gogh's yellow café (now Café Van Gogh), the world-renowned International Photography Festival (Les Rencontres d'Arles), and many wonderful restaurants and shops.
- Provence is known for its natural beauty, as well
as its fascinating history and culture, offering a wealth of inspiration on many different levels.
- The charming town of Arles (where the Workshop is held) features ancient Roman architecture, winding streets, brightly colored houses, picturesque cafes, and sumptuous outdoor food markets, all of which will awaken your senses and your imagination.
- While various exercises in The Creativity Workshop will help you better appreciate your surroundings in Provence, the sights, sounds, and scents of this remarkable region will fuel your creative work in class.
- Providing a bonus cultural attraction, the famous month-long Theatre Festival of Avignon, only 20 minutes from Arles, will be hosting hundreds of theatre performances from around the world while our Workshop is taking place. The International Photography Festival / Les Rencontres d'Arles will also be going on during our time in Arles and is located within walking distance of the Workshop site.