- The Creativity Workshop in Singapore will help you become more creative in your personal and professional life; the creativity training we provide uses the tools of creative writing, memoir, art, photography, storytelling, mapmaking, and guided visualization.
- Participants come from many different countries and professional fields, including business, education, psychology, the sciences, and the arts.
- Many people who have taken the Workshop say that it was a transformative experience, helping them to write their books, start new companies, complete long overdue projects, transition to rewarding retirements, and change the way they look at life.
- This intensive long weekend Creativity Workshop meets for 4 hours a day, from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM. You will have the rest of the time free to sightsee.
- Class will take place on the campus of The Singapore Management University, located in the city center.
- For accommodations, we recommend the Oxford Hotel, which is within walking distance of the Workshop location.
- This pristine city-state is home to several different cultures, making this the perfect spot to excite your imagination, as creativity flourishes in places where different traditions and histories converge.
- Opportunities for inspiration and discovery abound in this thriving international city, whether you use your free time to visit the historic Chinese Heritage Museum, go to the beach, share breakfast with an orangutan at the renowned zoological gardens, or have a proper Victorian high tea at the elegant Raffles Hotel.
- The techniques we explore in this creativity course will sharpen your appreciation of Singapore, and the sounds and sights of this multicultural city will surely feed your creative work in class.
What Will You Learn?
The Creativity Workshop is an experiential workshop of doing and experimenting. Our exercises and instructors’ talks focus on helping you:
- Learn practical techniques to stimulate your imagination and innovative thinking.
- Explore the process of creativity, rather than simply focusing on the product.
- Discover how to find inspiration in the world around you.
- Get over creative blocks and the fear of failure.
More on What You Will Learn
- Work with many different mediums to develop your creativity in your chosen medium more deeply.
- Use your memories to trigger your imagination.
- Engage your curiosity every day and make it work for you.
- Establish a 15 minute a day creativity practice to accomplish
your goals after the Workshop ends.