What Will You Learn?
The Creativity Workshop is an experiential workshop
of doing and experimenting. Our exercises and instructors’ talks
focus on helping you:
More on What You Will Learn
- Learn practical techniques to stimulate your imagination
and innovative thinking.
- Explore the process of creativity, rather than simply focusing
on the product.
- Discover how to find inspiration in the world around you.
- Get over creative blocks and the fear of failure.
- Work with many different mediums to develop your creativity
in your chosen medium more deeply.
- Use your memories to trigger your imagination.
- Engage your curiosity every day and make it work for you.
- Establish a 15 minute a day creativity practice to accomplish
your goals after the Workshop ends.
(Order and kinds of exercises and instructors'
talks may vary. Some exercises are done individually while others
Day 1: Thursday, March 5
- Introduction to the hows and whys of The
- Relaxation: Exercises in relaxation techniques
to help your imagination flow.
- Guided Visualization: Calling forth the
vocabulary of your imagination using the myth of the hero's
journey as a framework.
- Automatic Drawing: Finding our hidden imagery in abstract images.
- Show and Tell: Retrieving and sharing childhood
memories to spark new ideas. This exercise will sharpen your
The Interview: An exercise in listening, transposing, and transforming.
- Instructors' talk: How some famous writers,
scientists, and artists found their inspiration, and how you
can use some of their methods to find yours.
More on Daily Schedule
- The importance of play in creative work.
- Valuing creative process over product.
Day 2: Friday, March 6
- Guided Visualization: Mapmaking as
a way to find, chart, and communicate your creative process
- Automatic/Free Writing: How automatic writing
(also known as “free writing”) can help you
create in new and surprising ways. How you can use automatic
writing to outrunyour inner judge, get over creative
blocks, and discover new ways of developing and editing
written work. How alternating between writing and drawing
canhelp you develop creative flexibility and mental dexterity.
Miniature Theatre: Storytelling with
- The Interview:
- Instructors' talks may include:
- How to do ongoing creative work in short modules
- How to use luck and coincidence to jump-start creative
Day 3: Saturday, March 7
- Guided visualization: Letter writing
as a way to express voice, character, and audience.
- Automatic Writing: Writing in Groups.
How writing and/or drawing with others can stimulate your
imagination and expand your point of view.
Guided visualization: The Myth of the
Imagining yourself living a parallel life. What would
you do that you aren't doing now?
The Sand Mandala: Making an Illuminated
Final Exercise: Putting It All Together
- Instructors' talks may include:
- The Gift of the Amateur.
- Creativity is a Muscle: Use it or Lose it.
- Making your home and work environments inspiring.
- How to stay creative after The Creativity Workshop
To reserve your place: we require
a non-refundable $50 deposit.
After December 5: full payment is required.
The Creativity Workshop will take place at the Singapore Management University.
Hotel Suggestions in Singapore
We do not offer hotel packages for our Singapore workshops.
Here are our suggestions for hotels near the area where the workshop will take place.
By registering you agree with our Terms
"I had a great time at the Workshop. It made me realise that I can do more for myself and possibly influence others, as well. As I did the writing drawing exercises, these words came to light: "Be more than my potential. Be potent." The mix of people from all over the world was fantastic. I was able to see how all our brains interpreted the same instructions differently while unlocking the creativity within.”
Cathy Kee, Choreographer, Singapore, Singapore